In our 154th episode of Beyond the Bump, we chat with the incredible Dr Oscar Serrallach. He is a functional GP and an expert in postnatal depletion, and we chat to him all about how to better prepare for the postnatal period.
- Oscar talks about his struggle in finding resources and information about depletion and what women were going through!
- What is ‘normal’ within the postpartum period?
- How can we distinguish ‘normal’ postnatal fatigue versus postnatal depletion?
- Is postnatal depletion like a spectrum? If you’ve got postnatal depletion, are you on your way to postnatal depression and/or anxiety?
- Why something traumatic happing during your pregnancy could have a significant impact on a women’s fourth trimester
- What are some things, at a societal, family, or individual level, that we can put into place to make a significant difference during the postpartum period?
- How can we, in our very isolated homes and fast-paced lives, introduce some of these more traditional practices in a realistic way?
- Is postpartum depletion worse in those women that stay at home versus those that go back to work?
- Does vaginal birth or having a caesarean make a difference in postpartum depletion?
- If we feel like we are depleted is there a test that we can do to confirm it?
- Postpartum hair loss!! Why does it happen? Is there anything we can do to avoid and/or manage it? And is it linked to depletion?
- Are there any supplements or nutrients women should take postpartum?
- And SO MUCH MORE!!!
Beyond the Bump is a podcast brought to you by Jayde Couldwell and Sophie Pearce! A podcast targeted at mums, just like you! A place to have real conversations with honest and authentic people.
Follow us on Instagram at @beyondthebump.podcast to stay up to date with behind the scenes and future episodes.