Tuesday Feb 07, 2023
How did you start a podcast? And so much more - with Australian Birth Stories host, Sophie Walker!
In our 165th episode of Beyond the Bump, we have Sophie Walker on the pod. Sophie is a fellow podcast host, @australianbithstories, and we chat to her a little bit about podcasting, a little bit about birth and most excitingly her NEW book!!!
- What is Australian Birth Stories all about? What led to it? And how long has it been around for?
- How many applications has Sophie received for Australian Birth Stories? And how does she choose which story to air?
- How have people’s openness to talking about their birth stories changed over the years?
- How does Sophie find talking about birth all the time? Given that birth stories can be quite a controversial topic at times.
- Has Sophie ever recorded an episode that she then decided not to publish?
- Pros and cons of having a co-host versus working solo. How does Sophie juggle it all?
- Sophie has spoken to 100s of women about their births – what are the top three things that she recommends someone should do while they’re pregnant to prepare for birth?
- Did Sophie ever experience gender disappointment having birthed three boys?
- Now that Sophie has spoken to so many women on Australian Birth Stories, would she go back and do things differently for her births?
- What can listeners expect from Sophie’s new book, The Complete Australian Guide to Pregnancy and Birth?
- And SO MUCH MORE!!!
Head to australianbirthstories.com to pre-order Sophie’s new book, The Complete Australian Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
Memorable episodes on Australian Birth Stories:
Episode 180: Natalia Baechtold
Beyond the Bump is a podcast brought to you by Jayde Couldwell and Sophie Pearce! A podcast targeted at mums, just like you! A place to have real conversations with honest and authentic people.
Follow us on Instagram at @beyondthebump.podcast to stay up to date with behind the scenes and future episodes.
This episode of Beyond the Bump is brought to you by Australian Birth Stories:
Let's talk podcasts!
Aren’t we currently doing one?
Yes, but believe it or not there is always room for other podcasts for our listeners to enjoy other than ours and that's why we are going to let our listeners know (if they don’t already) about Australian birth stories!
Yes, Australian Birth stories is hosted by the beautiful Sophie Walker and we have been fans since the start. It’s a podcast that shares a series honest stories from women navigating their journey into motherhood.
From the heartache to infertility, the joy and overwhelm of pregnancy, the challenge and elation of birth and the tentative first weeks of postpartum Sophie interviews women Australia wide so we can better understand that every mother’s journey is different and no two birth stories are the same.
And if you are wanting a little more, Sophie along with Jodi Wilson have recently launched their incredible new book which shares the wisdom of women and their birth stories, so that you can make informed and empowered decisions.
The complete Australian guide to pregnancy and birth also draws on the expertise of dozens of doctors, midwives and other health specialists to offer the most comprehensive and up-to-date information about pregnancy, labour, birth and early postpartum in Australia.
The perfect gift for a mother to be!
Sophie also has created educational programs for pregnancy and motherhood, and mother to 3 boys under 8 and so much more.
If you would like to Listen to the Australian Birth stories podcast you can find it available on all podcast apps.
For everything else you can head to www.australianbirthstories.com
We thank you Sophie for what you are doing and hope everyone enjoys!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.