Tuesday Mar 28, 2023
How does one return back to work after baby? - with Naomi, writer & postpartum doula
In our 172nd episode of Beyond the Bump, we chat with Naomi. Naomi is a postpartum doula and she talks to us all about returning to work after having bub and how to make the transition that little bit easier. We hope you enjoy!!!
- How can we be motivated to go back to work when over half our salary is going to go straight towards childcare?
- Currently what are parents entitled to in terms of maternity and paternity leave after having a baby?
- If you were working full time before you went on maternity leave but after 12 months you decide to go back part time, is the employer obliged to accept that or not?
- What are ways to make a workplace more flexible? What are some examples of things we can request?
- How to have those discussions and set those boundaries so that part time is actually part time?
- Returning to work and being ignored for promotions while others that are less qualified and experienced are moving up the ranks! What to do?
- What happens if you’re returning to work but want to have another baby soon?
- If we are in the position to choose when to go back to work, how do we know when is the right time?
- How do we find passion in our work when all we want to do is be home with our kid/s?
- How do we juggle the mental load when returning to work?
- Tips for getting out of the house in the mornings?
- How to deal with mum guilt when returning to work?
- How do we navigate pumping and/or feeding when returning to work?
- How on earth can we get a job done when we’re constantly having to pick up our sick kid/s from daycare?
- If we feel like we have baby brain/brain fog, how on earth do we return to work?
- And so MUCH MORE?
Follow Naomi on IG: @cocoonbynaomi
‘Returning to work without losing your mind’ course
Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
Esther Perel: Your Guide to Relational Intelligence
Fair Work Commission | Australia
Beyond the Bump is a podcast brought to you by Jayde Couldwell and Sophie Pearce! A podcast targeted at mums, just like you! A place to have real conversations with honest and authentic people.
Follow us on Instagram at @beyondthebump.podcast to stay up to date with behind the scenes and future episodes.
This episode of Beyond the Bump is brought to you by KiwiCo:
Redefine learning with play — explore hands-on projects that build creative confidence and problem solving skills with KiwiCo!
Get 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping on ANY crate line at kiwico.com/BTB.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.