Tuesday Mar 21, 2023
So what do I actually have to avoid when pregnant?? Pregnancy myths vs. facts - with Dr Timmy, obstetrician, gynaecologist and fertility specialist
In our 171st episode of Beyond the Bump, Dr Timmy is back in the poddy pod!! And he’s here to talk about pregnancy myths versus facts. We hope you enjoy!!!
- When I’m pregnant, I can’t:
- Drink coffee
- Eat soft serves
- Eat sushi? And I can’t eat seafood because of the mercury
- Eat deli meats and soft cheese
- Eat runny eggs and/or eggs in general
- Pineapples can cause miscarriages so I should avoid them in pregnancy
- Avoiding foods during pregnancy leads to a greater risk of bub being allergic to that food
- I can have tiny bits of alcohol when I’m pregnant
- If I take Ondansetron or Zofran during pregnancy it increases the risk of my child being born with a cleft lip/palate
- Ultrasounds are bad for the baby
- I have to sleep on my side, not on my back during pregnancy
- Your baby’s gender is impacted by the time in the cycle that you have sex
- Nausea is worse if you’re having a girl
- There are different cravings during pregnancy based on gender? Sweet it’s a girl. Savoury if it’s a boy
- Carrying low means you’re having a boy
- A faster heart rate is likely to be a girl and a slower one a boy
- Heartburn means your bub has lots of hair
- It’s a good sign if I have nausea at the start of my pregnancy
- I should not do high intensity exercise during my pregnancy
- Hot baths, saunas and spas are dangerous when I’m pregnant
- I should be weighted at every antenatal appointment
- Can I do laser hair removal when pregnant? What about Botox and/or other cosmetic procedures?
- Can I dye or bleach my hair?
- Can I smoke/vape during pregnancy?
Quit Centre - Pregnancy and Maternal Health
Beyond the Bump is a podcast brought to you by Jayde Couldwell and Sophie Pearce! A podcast targeted at mums, just like you! A place to have real conversations with honest and authentic people.
Follow us on Instagram at @beyondthebump.podcast to stay up to date with behind the scenes and future episodes.
This episode of Beyond the Bump is brought to you by Le Purée:
If you are interested in trying out Le Purees nutrient-dense meals and smoothies or you would like to gift a pregnant or postpartum mama, you can select from both a la cart and subscription!
Head to www.lepuree.com.au and use code BTB10 for $10 off!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.